Friday, September 29, 2006

Antemeridian

At dawning swells and pools cascade
Sun-kissed by time and cannonade
The painted arc of delight

The purple twinkling light parade
Inexorably fragrant glade
Reverbs the sound of the night

Soft, inviting promise, arms enfold…
Stars in the sky blown out and weeping
No more sleeping.

Faint train that sounds a dimming shade
A teasing hint of lemonade
Arpeggios in mid-flight

Sunk raven hides a colonnade
Wood underfoot a spoiled arcade
A groove that died in the night

Soft, inviting promise, arms unfold…
Light in the eyes blown out and deeping
Won’t be keeping
When they’re gone.

29 September 2006

3 comments:

Sherry said...

This is beautiful.
It envokes images of an (ocean) elder who is making a last trip to visit the memory of life, love, and friends before walking into a 'promise'.

I'm sure that it's meaning is very different, but that's what I saw when I read it.

SamuraiFrog said...

That's a beautiful interpretation. It's not what I wrote it for, but I don't think that makes your interpretation any less valid or (very) interesting. It's more abstract than what I usually write; some day I'll explain it to you, unless you think that would make it too mundane.

Sherry said...

Of course I want to hear your interpretation. Send an email if you don't want to post it here.